Some recent researches from Japanese scientists showed quite a lot of interesting information regarding to bananas such as: bananas contain tyrosin (a prodrug to produce neurotransmitter dopamine) and serotonin playing an important role in offering ability to learn, agility and balancing cardiovascular activities (especially for children). There are total 8 types of essential amino acids that the body cannot be self-created, 11 types of minerals and 6 types of vitamins in bananas. It can be said that bananas are not only good for children but also a great fruit for adult. Having one or 2 bananas per day, you will get more energy, vitamins and minerals. Let learn about healthy benefits of bananas here with us.
The healthy benefits of eating bananas
- Bananas are rich in potassium, so it is a great fruit for people with high blood pressure. Eating 2 bananas per day brings healthy benefit for the body.
- A study from Tokyo University indicated that ripened bananas contain a chemical compound preventing the development of cancers
- Eating 2 bananas per day helps the body to be comfortable and reduce stress
- It is a good idea to eat bananas instead of other sweetie foods such as candy or pie if you are overweight or obese. That’s why bananas are nice fruits for chubby girls
- There are a lot of vitamin B6 found in bananas which helps nerve cells to be healthy
- People with weak stomach, or are easy to vomit, diarrhea or constipation, eating bananas is a safety measure to digest better and cure these symptoms easily.
- The level of potassium in bananas can help you to stay away from muscle cramps. People love sports such as jogging, cycling… should eat bananas before starting
Be careful with bananas
Besides noticeable healthy benefits of bananas, you should also know that eating too of a good food can be dangerous, especially when eating many ripened bananas may cause many harmful symptoms to the body such as:
- Headache: bananas has a lot of tyramine, phenvethyamine and amino acid dilating blood vessels and increasing blood flow to the brain, especially the too ripened bananas have high levels of these substances, eating too much may cause a headache
- Sleepy: Bananas has tryptophan – an amino acid the body cannot self-create. Carbohydrate in bananas helps to prevent other amino acids produced by the body and allows tryptosan coming into the brain, then creating serotonin. Serotonin makes you feel sleepy.
Magnesium in bananas helps to relax muscles in the body. However if you eat too many bananas, there are too much magnesium coming into the body and may cause magnesium poisoning with external manifestations are dubious, sleepy, tired, sick and diarrhea.
- Increase the amount of potassium in the blood: bananas are very rich in potassium. If you eat too many bananas, your body will absorb too much potassium causing increasing the amount of potassium in the blood. The external manifestations are unusual heart beats, feelings of nausea, slowly pulses, even cardiac arrest.
- Affect to nerve system: Vitamin B6 in bananas helps you to maintain a healthy nerve system, helps the body dissolve carbohydrate and fat. However if you eat to many bananas, your body will absorb too much vitamin B6 creating toxics and causing harm to your nerve system and paralyzing your limbs.
According to above healthy benefits of bananas, we cannot deny that banana is a healthy food for human body. Experts recommend that we should eat 2-3 bananas per days cause bananas are really good for the health and bananas adequately provide potassium for the body, reduce the risk of blood clots in the brain as well as the risk of stroke. Therefore you should use bananas reasonably. Have a good health!