Turmeric starch is made from fresh turmeric, but it is not turmeric powder as many people thought. Fresh turmeric is washed and pureed, mixed up with water and purified multiple times to take away impurities, then dried to get turmeric starch. Turmeric starch is extracted from pure fresh turmeric having high curcumin content that is very good for the health. To compare with turmeric powder, turmeric starch is easy to drink without extremely unpleasant smell of turmeric flavor because turmeric oil has been filtered out which is very harmful to liver. Moreover turmeric starch is more silky soft and smooth than turmeric.
HOW TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN TURMERIC STARCH AND TURMERIC POWDER.
Nowadays turmeric starch has become more popular with most people due to its functions and benefits. But it is quite difficult to distinguish between turmeric starch and common turmeric powder or pure turmeric starch and mixed turmeric starch, especially for people who do not know much about turmeric starch. However for turmeric starch producers, it is quite easy for them to recognize turmeric starch or normal turmeric powder or mixed turmeric starch.
HOW TO DISTINGUISH YELLOW TURMERIC STARCH?
To distinguish yellow turmeric starch, firstly we need to consider to the process of producing them
- Yellow turmeric starch: is made from fresh turmeric, pureed, mixed up with water and purified multiple times to take away impurities to have water and starch, wait for this starch being precipitated and rough-dry to get turmeric starch (it has clotted form like clotted cassava and then it has been grinded to be a silky smooth turmeric starch product that we use now).
- Yellow turmeric powder: is made from yellow turmeric, dried out then grinded to get turmeric powder and use. It often uses for cooking to get nice yellow color foods.
According to the process of producing turmeric starch and turmeric powder, we can distinguish them easily as below:
- Color: Yellow turmeric starch is made from yellow turmeric and often has pale yellow; if it is made from red turmeric will has orange yellow color. However producers now often mix up two types of turmeric to get bright yellow color (is quite similar with chrysanthemum petals color. if buyers would like to have red turmeric starch, they have to order in advance and it costs more expensive than yellow turmeric starch because this turmeric has low productivity and it takes more time and labor power to produce). For turmeric powder, it has dark yellow if producing from yellow turmeric and red yellow if producing from red turmeric.
- Taste: Turmeric starch is made from yellow turmeric has slightly bitter taste and almost odorless, if it is made from red turmeric will has slightly bitter taste and has smell of turmeric but quite soothing, not uncomfortable. Turmeric powder has its characteristic odor and unpleasant. If you put yellow turmeric starch in the mouth, it will melt away without leaving dregs. It is quite the same when you mix with water, turmeric will dissolve slowly (it can be clotted but will dissolve in water easily) while turmeric powder will have turmeric impurities and its fibers floating on (it is also the easiest way to know that the sellers have mixed up impurities or they have been careful or not while producing).
HOW TO DISTINGUISH BLACK TURMERIC STARCH?
Black turmeric starch and black turmeric powder are quite easy for users to distinguish due to its colors and there were a lot of people using to cure stomach diseases at previous time. The process of producing black turmeric starch is the same as yellow turmeric starch, however the final obtained product is different, therefore the distinction is also quite easy:
- Black turmeric starch has milky color, turmeric aromatic odor and easy to use without bitter taste
- Black turmeric powder has dark gray color and turmeric’s characteristic smell and uncomfortable to use because it is very bitter.
Following the above methods, you may have basic knowledge to distinguish between turmeric starch and turmeric powder and choose the best turmeric starch product for yourself. Notice that, sometimes it is just the way people call a product, for example a clean turmeric powder product which has filtered turmeric oil and impurities out can be considered as turmeric starch.
Turmeric is a spice usually used in Asia, especially Pakistan and India. It is famous because of its nature as it has the magical properties to deal with various ailments such as Lupus, Alzheimer, Cancer, etc. Turmeric is also famous due to its anti-inflammatory quality. Apart from that, medical benefits of turmeric can’t be denied. […]
THE BENEFITS OF TURMERIC STARCH
Turmeric starch helps to prevent and treat intestinal tract diseases, treat arthritis, stomach-ache, colorectal disease, duodenal disease. It also helps to detoxify liver, prevent cancers, menstrual disorder and hematoma. In addition, turmeric starch is very good for blood, it helps to heal scars quickly, care the skins and prevent aging as well as support melasma and freckles treatments, especially it is very good for women after giving births …
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory effects
It destroys the worst free-radicals: the studies of India University of Pharmacy indicated that curcumin is a component of turmeric root lying under the ground and having strong antibiotic efficiency. The medical researchers are seeking its abilities to destroy free-radicals carrying oxygen during the process it reacts against inflammation. Due to strong anti-inflammatory feature, it can also eliminate the free radicals of superoxide radicals effectively.
Turmeric helps to treat pain
Curcumin will be inhibited to creating prostaglandin; this substance in the body is related to pain caused by inflammation of the tooth, or pain caused by gout. The mechanism of reducing pain of curcumin is quite similar to aspirin, ibuprofen but less strong than. However, when using with a high dose, curcumin will stimulate adrenal glands excreting cortisone and cortisone has powerful efficiency to inhibit inflammatory reaction.
Turmeric helps to treat conjunctivitis
In a bacteriological study, Harida eye drops is made from turmeric ingredient and has abilities to active against bacteria such as E-coli bacillus, staphylococcus aureus, klebsiella and pseudomonas…The study is performed on 50 patients having conjunctivitis and the result showed this type of eye drops treats conjunctivitis effectively.
Turmeric helps to treat athritis
The study of Ganhi University of Pharmacy indicated that: Using curcumin (oral form) together with cortisone acetate (injectable form) to treat for mice with arthritis. The mice were treated by these medications after 13 days, the inflammation swellings status at arthritis has been much improved comparing with the mice were not treated. The efficacy of curcumin comes from its anti-histamine characteristic. It is not inferior to compare with cortisone; it can help to alleviate inflammatory reaction in the animal’s body, and also help to minify the symptoms of arthritis in humans. The study’s report showed that the efficiency of 1.200mg curcumin is similar to Phenybutazone 300mg – a type of anti-inflammatory medication.
Turmeric helps to treat liver damage
The study of Tohoku University (Janpan) in humans indicated that turmeric starch can really prevent liver damage caused by carbon tetrachloride (CCI4). This is a toxic chemical substance, bad smell such as chlorine, often used in frozen and solute industry.
Turmeric promotes its characteristics to prevent cancers
- Turmeric has anti-mutation: The study of National Institute of Nutrients of India indicated that turmeric is used for 16 prolonged smokers and tested for anti-mutation. Smokers were tested for 1 month, used 1.5g turmeric per day and got the result is turmeric decreases anti-mutation substance in their urine. The study showed that turmeric has anti-mutation; therefore it can be also a preventive method to prevent cancers by chemistry very well.
- Turmeric destroys free-radicals: The study discovered that turmeric oil and turmeric resin (turmeric oleoresin) in vitro show their active characteristics destroying free radicals very well. For anti-mutation at mucosal fibrosis beneath (cancer), using turmeric oil, turmeric starch as well as turmeric resin all has inhibition effect.Turmeric resin also contains turmeric oil and curcumin. It is the same with other plants’ resins compound; turmeric oil and turmeric resin’s oil have “protective contribution” effect to against ADN’s anti-mutation.
- Turmeric interferes with gastric cancer and skin cancer: The researchers at Northwestern, USA discovered that curcumin I can suppress benzopyrene causing cancer on Swiss mice (female), curcumin III also can suppress dimethybenzathracene (DMBA) causing cancer on Swiss mole rats. Both of these two substances are phenol yellow compound found in turmeric. Similarly, curcumin I can also suppress DMBA causing cancer on Swiss mice.Curcumin can almost change the metabolic effect causing cancer, or eliminate toxins thus promoting characteristic of anti-cancer. Both types of curcumin are tested outside the body and suppressed the formation of toxic cells of blood cancer in humans. Curcumin suppresses the proliferation and growth of tumor cells, therefore promotes the anti-cancer effect.
Turmeric has beautiful skin effects
Turmeric helps to prevent skin aging and formation of wrinkles, melanomas making the skin smoother and younger. Turmeric also supports to prevent inflammation and ulcers due to suppressing intermediate substances caused inflammation such as cyclooxygenaza (COX-2(, lipooxy-genaza (LOX)…, and supports to prevent Atherosclerosis due to cholesterol and increasing durability of exterior capillaries.