Programs and Modes
Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device is a dual-mode unit, which means it gives you two different kinds of muscle stimulations.
The first mode – TENS standing for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation – is used to stimulate muscles and improve blood circulation by sending low-voltage electrical pulses through the skin and penetrate deeply into every muscle fiber. The second mode – EMS standing for Electric Muscle Stimulation – is used to facilitate muscle performance, increase the range of motion by sending low-voltage electrical pulses.
In total, the unit includes up to 14 different pre-set programs, in which the TENS mode occupies 8 programs while the EMS mode has 6 ones. Each program offers each frequency and pulse width and is specifically designed to treat each kind of pain.
For example, P1 (TENS) is designed for chronic pain. As you apply it to your muscles, you will feel continuously comfortable tingling. On the other hand, P2 (TENS) is designed for acute pain. As you apply it to your muscles, you will feel comfortable pulsing sensation. Finally, P8 is designed for both acute and chronic pains. As you apply it, you will feel like you’re messaged.
Like the majority of TENS units on the market recently, Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device is dual-channel. The benefit here is obvious; that is you can use two different programs at the same time. Not only increase the experience but also save time.
Coming along with the unit, there are 4 small pads and 1 large pads. They’re all latex-free. Latex is another name of natural rubber. It can cause some negative impacts on our body’s health, especially for people suffering from allergy. Todays, latex-free claim has become a new standard in the clothing industry.
Since the small pads are only 2’’×2’’ in size, they’re perfectly as applied to minor muscle groups, such as biceps, upper arms or shoulders. In contrast, the large pads are almost double in length, which is 3.5’’×2’’, allowing to apply to major muscle groups, such as back, check or quads.
Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device provides users with 25 different intensity levels in a very compact unit. It’s easy to misunderstand that the quantity of levels represents the intense of the device, but this is not correct. In fact, the difference between a low-intensity level and a high-intensity level depends on the power range that the device runs through.
Since the device has 25 intensity levels, two adjacent levels are different by 4%. In general, the greater number of intensity level, the better. That’s because users will have more options of treatment intensity for their specific type and extent of pains.
For example, if you’re using a 25-intensiy-level TENS (like this one) and the 10th level doesn’t give you enough stimulation for your pain relief requirement, then you can try the 15th or 20th one until you get your desired stimulation. Of course, as you purchase the product, a detailed instruction showing which intensity/program should be chosen will be included. You read it, and you will find what you need.
Ease of Use / Device Operation
Santamedical always keeps the ease of use at the highest satisfaction, and this TENS/EMS unit is not an exception. All of the settings will be performed via a compact and user-friendly controller painted in black. This controller has an easy-to-read LED display and five buttons.
The LCD is responsible for displaying every detail of your treatment session, including the mode, program, channel, intensity level, and time left in your session. While the buttons are where you will adjust/select/switch all of the above settings.
Timer is one of my favorite features of this device. You can set the timer anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes. It allows you to adjust the length of your treatment session so that you can get the exact therapy to achieve the best result. When the timer reaches its preset setting, it will automatically alarm you. After 60 seconds, if you don’t manually turn it off, it will automatically shut down to preserve the battery. This shut-down feature is called “auto shut-off”, and it’s very useful.
Here is the brief instruction on how to use Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device:
- Before turning the device on, make sure you put 3 AAA batteries in the battery room.
- Connect 1 lead cable if using one channel or 2 lead cables if using two channels.
- Stick 2-4 small pads and/or 1-2 large pads onto your skin.
- Turn on the device by pressing the ON/+ button.
- Timer: Press the MODE button (right in the middle) to enter the timer selection. While the timer is blinking, press ON/+ or OFF/- to regulate the time for your treatment.
- Mode: Press MODE to enter the mode selection. Press ON/+ or OFF/ – to toggle between EMS and TENS modes. Press MODE again to confirm your setting.
- Program: Press MODE to enter the program selection. Press ON/+ or OFF/ – to select your desired program.
- Intensity: Press CH1 or CH2 to enter the intensity selection. Press ON/+ and OFF/- to increase and decrease the intensity.
- Auto Shut-Off Function: Press ON and OFF concurrently to enable or disable the auto shut-off function.
- LCD Turning Off: To save the battery, you should turn off the LCD by pressing OFF/- for 3 seconds. Note that the device is still working as the LCD is turned off.
- At any time during the session, you’re always able to change all the settings, from the intensity level to the timer. Just remember that if you switch the mode or program, the intensity level will automatically reset to 0.
- Please be noted that users always have to read the guideline manual thoroughly before working this kind of electrotherapy gadget. Make sure to follow all “Warning” and “Cautions” in the manufacturer’s manual.
- Before turning on the device, make sure you read the instruction manual first. Also, take a great attention to “Warning” and “Caution” sections in the manual to guarantee you will use the device properly and safely.
Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device runs on 3 AAA batteries. The good news is that they’re all included as you purchase the unit. However, the bad news is that they’re not rechargeable, which means you have to buy new ones as they run out of energy. Luckily, the price of AAA batteries is very low. Also, you can prepare for new batteries on time since the level of current batteries is showed clearly on the LCD.
The manufacturer states that their device can run for 15 hours before needed to change the batteries. In my opinion, this is a long. Let I show you why. Assume each of your treatment sessions lasts for 30 minutes. In 15 hours, you will have up to 30 sessions. Not bad at all, right!
Size and Portability
Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device is 2.5 ounce in weight and has the size of 3.5’’H x 2’’W x 0.56’’D. So, in comparison with a credit card, it’s just a little bit bigger. And thanks to this small size, you can easily put it into your pocket while using or backpack while traveling. There will be no much room occupied your luggage.
When you open the box, you will find:
- 1 Black TENS/EMS Device
- 4 2″ x 2″ Electrode Pads
- 2 3.5” x 2” Electrode Pads
- 2 Lead Wires
- 3 AAA Batteries
- 1 Carrying and Storage Bag
- 1 Instruction Manual
Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device offers two years of warranty. While the majority of its competitors provide users with only one year of warranty, the policy from Santamedical seems to be a standout advantage. However, keep in mind that this policy is only applied to the main controller. Other minor parts, such as the batteries, pads, and wires, have only one year of warranty.
My husband is a big fan of TENS unit. Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device is his second TENS. The first one is a product from iReliev, but it was broken after two years of using. My husband has an acute shoulder pain, and that’s why he need a TENS. Even though the unit cannot treat his “nightmare” completely, it’s still able to ease the pain and help my husband relax.
I don’t frequently need to use a TENS. My body is very well. However, because I’m an officer, I sit all day in front of the computer. Sometimes, I fell a chronic ache running along my back, and that’s the time I need Santamedical TENS/EMS unit. I work very well. After about 30 minutes, my pain was kicked out. Many thanks to this amazing device.
Pros and Cons
- Combo Unit: Not many TENS units include the EMS feature, which makes Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit stand out from the crowd.
- Dual Channel: With this feature, you can have two different programs at the same time. Not only increase the experience but also save time.
- Various Programs: With 14 programs in total, Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit is one of a few muscle stimulation devices offering the biggest number of therapy programs.
- Various Levels: With 25 levels, the device is suitable for all kinds and extents of pains. Whether it’s a back pain or an arthritis pain and whether it’s acute or chronic, you still get benefits from the device.
- Auto Shut-Off Function: This is a helpful feature because it not only helps to save the batteries but also secures you and your device.
- User-Friendly: The device is easy to control. The LCD is very clear and informative, while the buttons are well-made and enough to regulate all the tasks. If you can use your TV remote, you’ll use this device with ease.
- Long Warranty: 2-year warranty for a TENS device is a long time when compared to others.
- Non-Rechargeable Batteries: As I told you, the AAA batteries cannot be recharged. The only way for you to “refresh” is to buy new ones.
- Non-Backlit LCD: The LCD isn’t backlit, which make it difficult to adjust while using in the dark.
Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device is a middle-range product. That’s why its price is very competitive… With such reasonable price, it’s hard to find an excellent EMS + TENS combo device like this one.
Check price on Amazon
Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device is an excellent combo device \ with a very reasonable price. It offers clients a huge scope of versatility (with a dual mode, dual channel, diverse intensity levels, various programs, etc.) and portability (with a compact design and light weight). Do you want to grab this amazing device? Do you want to say “goodbye” to your pains? Do you want a better life? Santamedical Dual Channel TENS / EMS Unit Electrotherapy Pain Relief Device might be your solution!
Read more: Best TENS Unit For Home Use